Sunday, August 2, 2009

A sample HDR

Here's a little sample HDR I made. I'm at work and frying bigger fish so this is just a shot in the back alley of my office.

You'll notice that it looks "different" than regular photographs. HDR photos are essentially 2 or more photos put together so that you can see the detail at every amplitude. This is more how your own eyes see, but cameras can only see one level of light at the time. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look at the lower examples, which were merged to get all the detail. I'll try to create cooler ones in the future, but in the meantime, look at the leading website on the it: www.stuckincustoms.com

You can see from the orginial photos, how the camera saw the scene in different ways, and then how I used a program to make it look cool.












you can see the difference, and the result is quite cool!

I'll try to make cooler ones, but first I've got to do the job I'm paid to do, that is make a newspaper.

Cheers

No comments: